How we are providing Clearances in Cornwall during the Coronavirus outbreak
The Green Clearance Company carry out many House Clearances in Cornwall each month, and speak to many customers that are overwhelmed by the thought of a clearance. We understand that considering a house clearance during the Coronavirus pandemic can be even more daunting. We continue to monitor the latest advice and guidance from the UK Government and Public Health England regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) . We have incorporated these guidelines into the way we operate to keep our customers and staff safe. We aim to make all clearances as stress free as possible by providing a friendly, reliable service – please do give us a call if you have any questions or worries. Please keep reading to see how we are staying safe whilst providing our clearance services.
- We provide free, no obligation quotes.
- We are fully insured and licensed waste carriers in Cornwall.
- We provide a full house clearance service, including attics/lofts, garages, sheds, outhouses and gardens.
- We carry out office and business clearances.
- We buy antiques or good quality items.
- We recycle and reuse as much as we possible, before responsibly disposing of anything else.
- We can provide invoices and accepts BACS payments.
- To limit face to face contact, we are available on 01209 861444 or 07590 626419 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff are maintaining social distancing guidelines of 2 metres where possible. Staff are also provided with masks and gloves to use when necessary, along with hand sanitiser.
Obtaining a house clearance quote or carrying out a clearance during COVID-19/Coronavirus
- Visits maintaining social distancing. We are able to visit properties to carry out a quote, whilst observing social distancing guidelines. The Green Clearance Company staff will be able to enter the property with you, and will keep a distance of 2 metres apart – this may mean that one of us may need to go into a hallway or another room. We are also happy to enter your property alone to carry out a quote if you would rather wait outside. We are happy to wear masks, and are regularly washing hands and using hand sanitiser, and welcome being asked to do so in your home.
- Send photographs. We accept photos of the items or rooms you need to be cleared. Please make these as detailed as possible to capture all items you wish to be cleared. If you have quite a few photos, you can put these into a .zip file to send via email to email@example.com or using our ‘Contact Us’ form – we also appreciate any general overview or description you can provide. We may need to contact you for further information.
- Neighbours. We are able to collect house keys from a trusted neighbour of friend, or to meet them at the property. We are often asked to communicate with neighbours or relatives that are keyholders, especially if the householder has perhaps inherited a property and doesn’t live locally.
- Estate Agents or Solicitors. We can also liaise with estate agents and solicitors to collect keys. We regularly work with these trusted professionals and it works very well. Keys will be dropped back to the estate agents office. Alternatively they can meet us at the property.
- Key Safes. Key safes are often installed for carers or relatives to use for vulnerable or elderly people. If your property has a key safe, we are happy to collect a key from the safe and replace it when we leave. We will always check that this is locked before we leave.
I am shielding and have items to be cleared
If you are shielding, high risk or clinically vulnerable, please carefully consider all of the above options before contacting us and seek advice if you need to. If you have only have a few items to be cleared and would prefer us not to enter your home, we can collect agreed items from outside your home.
Can I have a house clearance if I am self-isolating with Cornovirus symptoms?
If you have Cornonavirus symptoms and have a clearance quote or a clearance booked with us, please let us know immediately. We will not be able to enter any property where someone has COVID-19 or any symptoms. It is necessary for us to follow this advice to keep employees safe. By contacting us as soon as experience symptoms, we can cancel your booking, and rest assured that we will do our utmost to assist you when it is safe to do so – please seek guidance from gov.uk regarding the self-isolation period. ‘Stay at Home’ guidance has been produced by the Government to help households with possible Coronavirus symptoms. You may also find the ‘Cleaning and disposal of waste’ and ‘Laundry’ sections helpful.
Please contact us via email or via the website if we can help by providing a free no obligation quote.
The Green Clearance Company provide many clearance services in Cornwall:
- Full house clearances
- Part house clearances
- Single item removal
- Business clearances
- Probate clearances and Deceased Estate clearances
- Garden waste clearances
- Garage clearances
- Rubbish removal
- End of tenancy clearances
Penhalvean Pottery, Penhalvean, Redruth, Cornwall, TR16 6TQ
01209 861444 or 07590 626419